Amazon WW Operations Organization is seeking a Software Development Engineer to help build a brand new indirect supply chain management software.
In this role, you will be joining a team in a startup environment, working in one of the world's largest and most complex supply chain business environments. You should be passionate about utilizing the latest technologies to build end to end business solutions, working with huge datasets to answer business questions. You should have deep expertise in the creation and management of backend and frontend applications and data stores, as well as proven ability to translate data into meaningful insights.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- 4+ years professional experience building and operating scalable distributed systems across the full software lifecycle including design, implementation, testing, operations, and maintenance
- Programming experience in one or more modern programming languages such as Java, C# or C++
- Hands-on experience across front-end user interfaces, business logic, backend architecture, and data tiers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience serving as mentor to more junior software developers
- Knowledge in AWS infrastructure and various AWS services
- Experience in React frontend development
- Experience working in large, cross-team projects
- Experience working in an agile, fast-iterating software development environment
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.